verse of the day

Sunday 21 November 2021

Who am I ?. ( John 3 v 16 )

                                            Who am I ?That You would think of me

                                            Among a million stars shining in the night

                                            Who an I ?That You  would call me yours.

                                             And offer up your  all, to save my life,

                                                           Who am I?.

                                                         Words  Lincoln Brewster.

These struck a cord with me,'Who am I ? the writer is surprised that God  had him on His radar,among the vastness of the universe. God's interest as regards man has never waned from the moment He created us, but our interest in Him, has continually waned. Mankind have continually searched the universe not looking for God,but for reasons to deny the person of God the creator.Because mankind is blinded to the reality of God, but God is not blinded to the reality of man.His eye is upon every single human being.God thinks upon then,looks upon them. But it does not stop there, for the writer declares,'Who am I ? That You would call me yours,and offer up your all, to save my life'. Why?,oh why should God do this?, why did He not leave us to ourselves?,if  He had it would been just a matter of time we would have destroyed ourselves, ,yes a real possibility,and yet that would have not been the end of it,for the eternal hell beckons. God was not prepared to let that happen ,He loves us,that in itself is amazing ,and out of that love, He offered up His all, in the person of Jesus, too save us ,amazing.

No comments: