verse of the day

Monday 1 November 2021

Now . ( Acts 16 v 31 )

 In the play the Tempest you have the words 'The very instance I saw you did my heart fly at your service', someone put it this way,'  My heart is always at your service'. Of course he is not talking about the physical heart,but the center of our inner being, Cruden's describes it as,' our mind,soul, spirit,in fact our entire emotional nature and understanding'. In Proverbs 23 v 26, we have the words,' My son give me your heart'. I remember a preacher ,saying when he was young those words brought conviction to his heart,he was religious but he had not surrendered to Christ, but that night he did.Let me ask you have you surrendered your heart to Christ, why not? and why not do it today,why are you resisting Gods Spirit?.There is a little prayer which goes,' Come into my heart Lord Jesus,come in today,come into stay,come into my heart Lord Jesus'.

                                           ' Behold, now is the accepted time;

                                            behold, now is the day of salvation.'

                                                     2 Corinthians 6 v 2 .






























/

No comments: