verse of the day

Tuesday 30 November 2021

He understands. ( Psalm 23 )

I met a dear Christian, a few years ago she lost her husband, I asked her how she felt,she said she was lonely. It is not a crime if you are a Christian to say you are lonely, or your sad. The words of a hymn by Francis H. Rawley  reads.

                                                 ' Days of darkness still may meet me,
                                                   Sorrow's paths I oft may tread;
                                                   But His presence still is with me,
                                                   By His guiding hand I'm lead'

It impossible to not feel sadness,or loneliness, after all we are not machines, we have emotions,it does not make us any less a Christian. Many people feel lonely,no use denying it, and sad, but here is the wonderful truth,' But His presence still is with us,by His guiding hand we'r  lead'. Yes He will bring us through,let us remember, He walked this earthly life,He is called a man of sorrows one who was acquainted with grief, and no one experienced the depths of loneliness that He felt on the cross when He cried out,''My God , my God, why hast thou forsaken me?''. We are told that Jesus our great High Priest, understands our weaknesses, for He faced all the same testings we do,yet He did not sin.Hebrews 4 v 15. Yes our Saviour is walking with us, He does feel for our sadness and loneliness, and He whispers to us,''I understand''.

                                                             Hebrews 4 v 16  .

                                     'So let us come boldly  to the throne of our gracious 
                                     God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will
                                      find grace to help us when we need it most.'

                                                 
                                    

No comments: