verse of the day

Thursday 4 November 2021

He see's,He hears, He delivers. (Psalm 34 )

 Let us consider v15 of this lovely 34 Psalm written by David ,at a time of great distress.  'The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,and his ears are attentive to their cry'.Another translation puts it like this.'The eyes of the Lord watch over those who  do right,and his ears are open to their cries for help.'Sometimes a parent may say to a child  ,'I'm watching you',well dear child of God, he is watching you, you are never out of his sight, 24/7.He saw Jonah in the belly of a whale,he saw Daniel in  a den of lions. It is a great comfort that God is always watching over us,there are dear children of God who are in prison,their families do not know where they are,but the Lord is watching over them.This should be a great comfort to every child of God,but it is also a challenge, to live as to be always in the sight of God. Next he says that God listens to  his children when they cry out to him, He is always available, He will always come to your aid,for' when the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles' v17.

                                 Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,

                                 Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home,

                                  When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He;

                                  His eye is on the sparrow,and I know He watches me;

                                  His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He cares for me.

                                                       Words  Chas ,H. Gabriel.

No comments: