verse of the day

Monday 22 November 2021

Weak faith.(Mark 7 v 14 - 19 )

I was speaking to my wife and I used an inappropriate word, when she pointed this out to me as wives do,I felt convicted.This was not a swear word but I acknowledged it before asking forgiveness.There are words and actions that are not blatantly sinful,but they can be inappropriate.I remember passing a married couple I know, while out walking, on reflection I felt that I was brisk with them,I felt convicted, and called round to their home and said I was sorry. We should not become paranoid about this, but let us be careful, as to how we speak,and how we act. In Romans 14 the Apostle Paul writes about those who are weak in faith,in relation to what they eat,a Jewish convert may be offended if they saw another Christian eating pork.Now as Christians we can eat all food we are not under the old covenant,that is the Jewish food laws,in Mark 7 v19  Jesus said  that all foods are clean. This is further spelled out in 1 Timothy 4 v 1- 5.In  Romans 14 the apostle makes it clear we are not tied to what we eat, he brings it down to a matter of faith.But as Paul says ,''All food is clean'',but it is wrong to eat something ,if it makes another person stumble''.This would apply when you are in contact with others who have not the faith that you have,as regards eating.We are being asked to be sensitive n relation to others,in all things,in case we cause them to stumble.

No comments: