verse of the day

Saturday 13 November 2021

Kindness ( 1 Corinthians 3 v 10 - 15. )

A friend and I were talking about something,and  he said to me,how that God is kind, F.W .Faber ,wrote a hymn ,here are two verses from it.

                                                   'There's a wideness in God's mercy,

                                                    Like the wideness of the sea;

                                                    There's a kindness in his justice                                    

                                                     For the love of  God is broader

                                                    Than the measures of man's mind;

                                                     And the heart of the Eternal

                                                     Is most wonderfully kind.' 

As I look back on my life I remember may times people were kind to me,we do remember kindnesses shown to us, over the years.Many years ago ,when I was walking to church we had no car, could not afford to buy one, a  lady from our church  pulled up in her car,and asked me if I would like to have it.Mark Twain said,''Kindness is the language  which the deaf can hear, and the blind can see''.God remembers the kindness we show to others,in Matthew 10 v 42, we read,' And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded'. Kindness includes not just giving financially,but befriending someone, giving a lift to someone,etc, the deed is important, but it must be wrapped in love. Just for moment stop and give thanks to God for all the kindness he has shown you. 


No comments: