verse of the day

Friday 1 October 2021

Request Denied. ( 1 John 5 v 14 - 15 )

 He wrote many of the Psalms, he was king of Israel,a man after God's own heart, his name was David, but God refused hie request ,to be allowed to build a temple (1 Chronicles 17). In 2 Chron 28 v 3 David tells us why,he was a warrior, and had shed much blood.David never showed any resentment as regards his request being rejected.God said his son Solomon would build it, so instead of feeling hurt or getting angry he provided all that was necessary for his son to build the temple.The fact is God will not always give us what we request,it is important for us to see this. I wanted to be a missionary,God did not grant me my request,in hindsight I understand  that His will must prevail, not mine. I know so very little ,I do not always know why God says no,but it is important,to accept it as I have said ,His will must prevails. Even though Davids request was a noble admirable request it was not in God's will to grant his request.It did not mean that He did not love David, for it is obvious that He did, He was not rejecting David ,he was rejecting His request. Let us turn to one dark night in a garden were a lonely figure lay prostrate on the ground,and He was praying with such an intensity that he sweated as it were great drops of blood.He was facing suffering greater than what any other human would ever face.Here is what He prayed,' My Father , if it is not  possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done'.Someone has said every true prayer has at its heart, those words,'your will be done', his name was Jesus.

No comments: