verse of the day

Friday 15 October 2021

I can't believe. ( Psalm 40 v 4 )

 ' I can't believe that people would do such a thing', these are the words uttered by an elderly lady,who had been conned out of money ,by a fraudster. I understand why she said this,because we have to trust people.We have to trust the driver of a train, teachers, police,our family, etc,and yet humanity being what they are, there  will always be  those who break our trust. that can be a very painful experience, especially if it is someone we love.It was Shakespeare who wrote in one of his plays,'Love all,trust a few', in Psalm 41 v 9, David wrote,'Even my close friend someone I trusted,one who shared my bread, has turned against me'.Sad  words, but it happens, even among Christians. Those words had a more profound meaning,when our Saviour quoted them in John 13 v18,of the one who would betray Him, Judas Iscariot. He was chosen and trusted, but he was untrustworthy,the question we  may ask ourselves, can the Lord trust us?, well can He?.One thing for sure ,rest assured, we can unreservedly trust our Lord,He will never betray that trust , break that trust, for He is totally trustworthy. If you are facing difficulties,hardship,whatever, 'Trust in the Lord with all your heart , and lean not unto your own understanding'. (Proverbs 3 v 5 ).

No comments: