verse of the day

Saturday 30 October 2021

Empty words. ( James 2 v 14 - 17 )

A particular thing happened that caused me concern, I have not told anybody about it,but of course I prayed about it.I am 77 yrs of age , and with old age there are things that can happen that are scary. Now they may not happen , but they may ,it can cause one to be afraid, to loose sleep. So I prayed, but I also asked God to give me a word,that which I can hold on to ,and so as I read the Bible ,the words that Jesus spoke to the disciples,when they were on the mount of transfiguration,and they were afraid, in fact they were terrified ,(Matthew 17 v 6).This is what He spoke to them,''Don't be afraid'',are you afraid?, you may be terrified,hear the words of Jesus, he does not speak those words in a flippant way,no he fully understands the depths of our feelings,unlike people who do speak in a flippant manner to those in need, to those are afraid.If there is a way to help that person we should help if we can,let us remember that faith without works is dead.Empty words help no one, Jesus never spoke empty words,he saw the hungry , he fed them, he saw the sick he healed them,he saw the fearful, he reassured them, he saw the downcast he lifted them up.When our Saviour speaks a word to us ,he will give us the help we need, the grace we need, the peace we need, his is not empty words.

No comments: