verse of the day

Friday 29 October 2021

Nevers of the gospel. (Proverbs 3 v 5 - 6)

 In a book called ,'The valley of vision', a collection of Puritan prayers and devotions', we have a devotion called,'The never's of the gospel'. Here are some of the things it says.

                                    'Never to rely on my own convictions and resolutions

                                     but be strong in Thee and in Thy might'.

                                     'Never forget to go to Thee in all my  spiritual

                                      distresses and outward troubles'.

                                     'Never confine my religion to extraordinary

                                      occasions, but acknowledge Thee in all my ways'.

                                      'Never limit my devotions to particular seasons

                                      but be in Thy fear all the day long'.

No comments: