verse of the day

Tuesday 5 October 2021

Basic things. ( Psalm 100 )

 Dale Ralph Davis  writes about small mercies,this is what he wrote,' I like Luther's 'Small  ' because it keeps me from  escaping this 'basic level' of thanksgiving. When he deals with the (' I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of  heaven and earth'), he asks, 'What does this mean?' His answer is couched in terms of a male householder in Reformation times;.....So here is what the creed means;

I believe that God has created me and all that exists, that he has given and still preserves to me body and soul,eyes, ears, and all my limbs, my reason and all my senses; and also clothing and shoes, food and drink,house and home,wife and child, land,cattle, and all my property; that he provides me richly and daily with all  the necessaries of life, protects me from all danger, and preserves and guards me against all evil; and all  this out of pure paternal divine goodness and mercy, without any merit or worthiness of mine; for all which  I am bound to thank, praise,serve, and obey him. This is most certainly true.' 

Let us not forget the basic things, like like a glass of water,a cup tea or coffee,a bar of soap, toothpaste, and so on, and lets give thanks for them.

No comments: