verse of the day

Thursday 28 October 2021

God. ( Isaiah 40/ John 3 v16 )

In Isaiah 40 v 18, we read ,' With whom will you compare God?',although I cannot see many stars where I live, because of light pollution.I have at times in my life observed the awesomeness of a star filled sky. The vastness of the universe  is hard to take in,it is to much space,to many planets, to many stars,it   is truly awesome.But here is something that is more awesome , God, created all things,all things,they didn't all spring out of nothingness, that would be impossible,in the beginning God spoke the word  and it happened . In answer to the question, with whom will we compare God with?,the answer is no one, think of the absurdity that mankind have conceived what God is like ,a wood or stone carving,or a God of thunder,God is the God of everything.God  is beyond anything we can imagine, or conceive.He is absolutely mind blowing in his being, this great mysterious being, I stumble to express in speech his being, and  like Job of old, ''I'm speechless,in awe, words fail me''. Yet it does not stop there for this great , great God loves you and loves me, my goodness what a thought.who would ever think,we can know such a God, we are so puny, weak insignificant, frail,sinful, need I go on?, you get the picture.Here is a wonderful truth, God entered into this bit of nothingness, in the person of His Son Jesus,and He died on a cross to save us.to save you,because He loves you ,will you trust Him to be your Saviour, today?.

No comments: