verse of the day

Sunday 17 October 2021

I learnt something. ( Proverbs 4 v 1 - 4 )

I needed to fix something and it meant drilling  into metal,which I have never done before, I have drilled into wood and brick, but never metal.Fortunately I have a friend who told me what to do, you start  by drilling with a small drill bit,then use a larger drill bit, I did that, and it worked.I had a problem ,and thanks be to God,I learned something new,and the problem was solved.There is an important lesson in this and its this,learning does not stop when you leave school. The very nature of life involves learning,many people fail their driving test, so they give up , no they should go back to the drawing board,and learn how they can pass next time. Failure is not a reason to give up, its an opportunity to learn, and improve. and move forward. As we look at our failure we need to pray to God to help us , when David brought the ark of covenant to Jerusalem 2 Samuel 6, he failed to act in accordance,with Gods instruction as how it should be moved  CP Numbers 4 v 5-15. He didn't make the same mistake twice, unfortunately many of us do not learn from our mistakes.with dire consequences. I remember years ago,a fellow worker advised me as to how to do a certain thing, but when he went away I just continued to do it my way. God wants us to be teachable, in relation to so many things, that we may be more useable by him. Not keep making the same mistakes in our walk with Him, and that we may stop doing things our way ,but His way

                                                 Lord help me to be teachable

                                                                  Amen

No comments: