verse of the day

Saturday 16 October 2021

Don't give up. ( Hebrews 12 v 1 - 2 )

 I remember when I was at Bible college,we had three children, we had no income,but we trusted God to meet our needs, things were difficult, difficult for my lovely wife. Most people might have known how difficult it was, and one day the principal, spoke to me,he said he understood if we had to give up.Most people would have understood if we did give up,but we didn't ,we pressed on,and I finished the course.Not only that, my wife then attended a Baptist college for further year,we didn't give up. I knew a missionary called Freddy Orr, when he and his wife went to Brazil for the first time,on their way to their destination,she died, he also contacted the illness and  was advised to go home, for he might not survive. The fact is he didn't give up,and for the rest of his life he served God in Brazil. What caused us not to give up?,for ourselves, and I am sure for Freddy, there was belief that God had called us, and he would look after us, which he did.I will say this ,I cannot  answer for what others should do, nor will I judge them.I  am 77 now, and as I look back,I praise God for His faithfulness, I suppose it fits in, with the truth of the perseverance of  the saints,that of not giving up.As a Christian things may  be difficult for you, don't give up,press on,like our dear Saviour, who in spite of  everything he had to face,and all he would have to suffer,he didn't give up.

No comments: