verse of the day

Thursday 12 August 2021

Unconditional love. ( Romans 5 v 6 - 8 )

  Frank Skinner said the following,'' For me unconditional love is not good, if I even smell unconditional love,I back off  because that means I stop trying and my standards  fall. Unconditional love would allow me to relax into nothingness''. If one is not a Christian we are told that the wrath of God rests upon  you John 3 v 36, that means that you are cut from Gods love,     Leon Morris points out ,'that there are literally hundreds of passages in the Bible referring to God's wrath, and the rejection of them all leaves us with a badly mutilated Bible. If we abandoned the idea of the wrath of God we are left with a God who is not ready to act against moral evil'. For that to change, there is a condition, one must repent of their sins,and seek forgiveness, by trusting Jesus as ones Saviour.  When we do that ,the love of God is bestowed upon us 1 John 3 v 1,  and we are no longer an enemies of  God ,Romans 5 v 10, we are His children.

                                                        The soul that sins shall die!

                                                        My awful doom I heard,

                                                        I was forever lost,

                                                        But for Thy gracious word,

                                                       That: Whosoever will believe

                                                       Shall everlasting life receive.

                                                            Words Arthur Pierson.

No comments: