verse of the day

Saturday 14 August 2021

The Gospel. ( 2) ( Galatians 1 v 6 - 9)

  Last  time we looked at what the gospel is not, now let us begin to look at what it is. One translation puts it like this,'For  I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ', it goes without saying, that we live in a world were there  is so much bad news,I won't go over them,of course there is a lot of good news in the world,but the Gospel is unique, in other words it is the only one of its kind. I remember buying a Rolex watch, if I stopped there,you would be envious of me, so let me explain ,I bought it in Turkey while on  holiday,it looked like a real Rolex, but it was a fake,it wasn't the real thing.  If we have not the real gospel it is not good news, in fact, it is bad news, because it cannot do what the true gospel does, we will come to that eventually. So many are taken in by what is not true, let me put it this way , every other religion is a false religion.In 1 Corinthians 15 v 3- 4, we have these words written twice,' according to the scriptures.'The cults believe in another Christ, likewise Islam, but the Christ they believe in is not according to the scriptures, beware of those who come preaching another Christ,that is only bad news,no matter how much it is dressed up.

No comments: