verse of the day

Sunday 29 August 2021

Everything. ( Philippians 4 v 6 )

 There they were ,sitting in all their glory, two flat packs, I  looked for the magic wand or even the magic word,but alas ,they did not come with the flat pack. So I prayerfully set out the jigsaw furniture kit, I confess I am not good at jigsaws ,I mentioned prayerfully,yes I prayed and prayed as I followed the instructions that came with the pack.And would you belief it ,there before my very eyes stood the two items fully assembled. What I did next was to thank God for His help,Philippians 4 v 6 reads ,' 'Don't worry about anything; instead ,pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done'.Consider these words, memorise these words and put them into practice. 

                                                    What a friend we have in Jesus

                                                     All our sins and griefs to bear!

                                                     What a privilege to carry 

                                                      Everything to God in prayer!

                                                      O what peace we often forfeit!

                                                      O  what needless pain we bear!

                                                      All because we do not carry

                                                       Everything to God in prayer.

                                                           Words Joseph M. Scriven.

                                                      

No comments: