verse of the day

Monday 16 August 2021

The Gospel ( 4 ) 9 The alternative. ( Romans 12 v 15 }

When we embrace the gospel ,and trust Christ as our Saviour, our sins forgiven, we have peace with God, we are justified, we are granted eternal life,we receive the Holy Spirit ,God is now our Father,we are secure, nothing can separate us from God's love.I am sure there are many other things we can say, we are truly blest. But if we don't trust Jesus we will continue to be cut off from all those blessings, and the only thing that awaits us is judgement.Which brings me to an important point,our responsibility to warn people what awaits them if they die without Christ.I read something recently,from a book called , 'Ruthless Trust',by Brennan Manning,the book is about trusting God, in every situation, like Job did.He is critical of people who say what he considers trite things to people who suffer the lost of children,or other awful things.On a person level I lost my first wife with cancer,and was left with four little boys, I did not  feel bitter, never have. So BM goes on as if he is the only one who understands, of course people people struggle in tragedy, that's to be expected,and people don't always know what to say, they may say the wrong thing,but I am sure they mean well.Next time we will come back to consider after death, and what BM says.

No comments: