verse of the day

Monday 23 August 2021

Healing ( 1 John 5 v 14 )

 Most people who are suffering,would love to be healed,  that is why we go to the doctor,and go in for an  operation. There are people I know, lovely Christians, one has Parkinson's, last time I spoke to him  he had fallen.How I wish God would heal him,I of course have mentioned it to the Lord,of  course I know God can heal him, that is obvious,but will He?, that is the question.I remember a young lady ,who suffered from severe mental illness, saying she didn't want people to pray with her to be healed, for it did not happen. I can understand the way she feels, and yet there is always that possibility that God will heal. So what does one do?, how should one look at  what I call miraculous healing, does it happen now?. It  is a good question, is there an easy answer? no,that is a fact, I was reading Matthew 8  as to when our Lord descended from the Mountain,with his disciples ,were he had been ministering,when He was met by a  leper. We read that  he knelt before Him,and said,'' Lord......if you are willing,you can heal me and make me clean''. He was sure Jesus could heal him, but would He? There appears two things in his words, uncertainty and certainty, of course Jesus healed him. But is it His will to heal everybody?,the answer is no,but will He heal some? yes he will, we can ask, not demand,for healing ,and I will finish by saying, He will do what's best for us.

No comments: