verse of the day

Friday 27 August 2021

I remember. ( James 1 v 17 )

 Times have changed,and of course much is for the better, I know in this country some have have it hard ,but not as hard as people had when I was younger,yes people did somehow manage. I remember attending a secondary,were a uniform was compulsory I don't know how my mother bought mine,she and my Father had separated, so she was left to bring up the four of us. I remember a friend of mine, Jimmy who was told off by the principal for not wearing a uniform .But I knew his circumstances his parents were very poor and could not afford to buy him a uniform.Most people got by in those days,but if a family had no wages coming in it was difficult,the pawn shop was there. Very few people owned a car, and very few people could go on to further education, even if they were smart enough.I remember wearing a pair of shoes till they nearly fell apart,and then taking them to the menders, and to his credit he mended them.My mother worked , but a woman was paid less than the men,so  it made things difficult.A slice of bread with butter and jam on it was much appreciated. I suppose in many ways we as youngsters never thought to much about it, we all seemed to have friends to play with.As I look back I am thankful how God brought us through those times,and am grateful for the blessing I have now,blessings are to be appreciated.I am so grateful to God for His kindness to me. I said to a  lady ,who is very well off , how I thank God for His kindness to me,and she said she would never think of thanking God, for what she had. poor soul.

                                                                    Oh God.      

                                       Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!

                                      Morning by morning new mercies I see;

                                      All I have needed  Thy hand has provided-

                                      Great is Thy faithfulness , Lord , unto me.

                                                 Words. Thomas O. Chisholm.

                                   

                                             

No comments: