verse of the day

Tuesday 17 August 2021

The Gospel . ( 5 ) ( Matthew 10 v 28 )

 We touched on last time,with what the writer Brennan wrote, being critical of him and his imbalance as regards those who are suffering,and those who would try to help them. Let me say Brennan has much to say that's good,you may be his number one fan,but we must always be discerning, as regards preachers,or whoever. In my opinion he at times appears to deny obvious  biblical truth, here what he says,'' In addition to the trinity of pain,suffering, and evil, add another major obstacle to unhesitating trust in the merciful love of God, the wretched witness of  hard - hat Christians with their images of a malevolent God. They speak  in giddy or  sepulchral tones of a deity who, with malicious glee, dispatches to a fiery lake ninety percent of the people  he created in his image and likeness. ''I appreciate he is being critical of certain people, but I know nobody who is filled with glee as regards the fate of the lost in hell. As a  Christian and a minister I believe that the word of God teaches clearly that there is a hell, if it were not so I would not preach it,the fact is I did not invent hell.There is a heaven and  nothing can changes that fact, the only way to get to heaven is through Christ, and the only way to escape hell is by trusting Christ,as the scripture declares , 'Believe  in the Lord Jess, and you will be saved,Acts 16 v 31, that's the gospel. Just a last word on this, when I speak or preach on hell ,I am not meaning to add to anyone's suffering ,no ,I  am trying to save them from suffering.

No comments: