verse of the day

Friday 13 August 2021

The Gospel . ( 1 )( Romans 1 v16 )

 Romans 1 v16 , reads ' For I am not ashamed of the gospel of  Christ,  for it is the power of God to salvation  for everyone  who believes'.What is the Gospel? well lets say what its not,for instance ,one here's the term social gospel ,one has said that one cannot add adjectives unto the gospel, no it is not a social gospel. It is not a good works gospel, multitudes believe that,but it is not ,CP  Ephesians 2 v 8-9. I would include religious works in that, like baptism.It is not a hereditary gospel,in other words because your parents were Christians, you are now a Christian, no, CP John 1 v 12 - 13,we can broaden that out to include those people who would say ,well I was  born in a Christian country. CP  John 4 v 31.I would add there is no such thing as a Christian country. I would to add also,it is not a lordship gospel, or a discipleship gospel. I will seek to clarify this in time,as we  consider this vital subject, 'the gospel.'

No comments: