verse of the day

Wednesday 4 August 2021

An ordinary man.(Jeremiah 17 v 9 )

I share with you the following, from one of  Charles Swindoll's books,'A journalist asked the question as regards Adolf Eichmann ,the Nazi architect of the Jewish Holocaust,'How is it possible for a man to act  as Eichmann did? Was he a monster? A madman? Or was he perhaps something even more terrifying; Was he normal?. Yehiel Dinur , a Jewish  concentration camp survivor who testified against Eichmann  at the Nuremburg trials, admitted that when he first laid eyes on the man, he was overcome with a terrible thought. It was not a godlike officer who sent so many to their deaths. Eichmann  was an ordinary man. Dinur said, ''I was afraid about myself . In that moment I saw  that I am capable to do this. I am exactly like he'' The journalist Mike Wallace summed it up with this penetrating summation; Eichann is in all of us.'' C.Swindoll  wrote the following ''Our only hope is honest confession, humble repentance, sincere faith, and complete  submission. When we confront the terrible truth about ourselves, we will find that God is greater than all our monsters''

No comments: