verse of the day

Thursday 25 February 2021

The seasons. ( John 4 v 35 - 38 )

 So it did  finally happen, we  had snow, I say this because its been a  while since it snowed , one should not be surprised, after all it is winter.  The seasons come and the seasons go, soon it will be spring ,then summer ,then  autumn ,and back again to winter. Each season is different, I wonder what you think of as regards the seasons?. Well winter reminds me of  trees without leaves , spring reminds me of  daffodils, and this also reminds me of William Wordsworth's poem ,' Daffodils', the opening verse goes,' I wandered lonely as a cloud, That floats on high o'er vales and hills, When all at at once I saw a crowd, A host ,of golden daffodils'. .Well that's spring, then we move unto summer, it reminds me of summer holidays, and years ago getting sunburned. Then last but not least, autumn, this reminds me that it is  harvest time, and also  that old hymn, 'We plough the fields and scatter, the good seed on the ground'. The word of God, has a lot to say about the harvest, in John 4 v 35 , our Saviour said,'' open you eyes and look at the fields !  They are ripe  for harvest''. Jesus saw more that a harvest of wheat, but  a harvest of precious souls. and he is challenging his disciples to get involved  , and us ,to be harvesters ,of precious souls. Let us remember that the most valuable think in all the world, in Gods eyes ,is the souls of men and women, and children, just look to Calvary, that says it all, so again I ask the question, will you be a harvester?.

                                                He that winneth  souls is wise,

                                                In the home beyond the skies,

                                                There's a crown of  glory, 

                                                 O the wondrous prize,

                                                 He that winneth souls is wise  ( Words  E.E. Hewitt ) 

No comments: