verse of the day

Friday 12 February 2021

A world of chance? ( 2 ) ( Romans 11 v 33 - 36 )

I  have touched on the sovereignty of  God, which is a vital truth, for the non Christian they do not have an answer as to the question of  how things came into blame. Darwen  wrote,' I  cannot look at the universe as a result of blind chance'. The fact is chance can do nothing ,as R. C. Sproul  wrote,' chance is  deaf, dumb,  and impotent'.   A doctor who was an atheist ,started questioning life and its meaning, when it struck him that he was delivering a miracle everyday in the shape of a baby. No this not a world of chance ,there must be a cause, and that cause is a sovereign  God, one who created  all things. But not only  did He create all things ,he sustains, and upholds all things, sees all things, knows all things, directs all things, He rules over all things. God is directly involved in all of life. If all these things were not true He would not be God. His providence flows from his  sovereignty , one writer speaks of the providence of  God, as the invisible hand of God. If one reads the book of Esther we see the providence of God in action, but  God is not mentioned. As I view my life I can see the invisible  hand of God has been very evident in so many ways. God in His providential workings has brought me through sad times and bad   times, the main thing in that statement, is the fact ,He has brought me through ,and assures me that everything is working together for my good.  Romans 8 v28 . So many coincidences have happened in my life , which I put down to the providence of God, He has made a way were there was no way.

                                              Have confidence in your sovereign God

                                              in all things, to lead, protect ,provide,

                                              and comfort.

No comments: