verse of the day

Tuesday 23 February 2021

A challenging question ( John 21 v 15 -33 )

 I am going to try something different, I want to tell you about an old rich man , who  married a very beautiful young girl. After a while the old man began to wonder, did she marry for my money ?, or did she marry me ,because she loved me?. So one day he spoke to her, and asked her a question. He said, ''darling if  I lost all my money, and you had to get rid of all your jewels, your Mercedes- Benz, our home in the south of France,  would you still love me''?. She took his hand in hers ,look into his eyes and said, ''of  course I would still love you'', he breathed a sigh of relief, but then she added,'' but I'd miss you''. I hope that makes you laugh, but lets hit on the serious aspect of this, I want to take you to a beach beside the sea of Galilee,  some fisher men were standing around a fire were a  man was preparing them something to eat,  The man was none other than Jesus, and he asked Peter one of the fishermen, a very challenging question, he said ,'' do you truly love me more than these?''.  Now let us put ourselves in Peters place, and Jesus asks us the same question,'' do you truly love me more than these?''.  In other words if  you lost everything , if I lost everything ,would we still love Him ,and follow Him?.

                                                     Will you come and follow Me

                                                     If I but call your name?

                                                     Will you go where you don't know

                                                     And never be the same?

                                                     Will you let My love be shown,

                                                     Will you let My name be known, 

                                                     Will you let My life be grown in you,

                                                      And you in Me?.  ( Words . G. Maule/ J.L .Bell)

No comments: