verse of the day

Thursday 4 February 2021

Have you got troubles? ( 2 ) ( 14 v 8 )

 What do people need when they have troubles? they need a friend, it is sad that the nature of society isolates people, some people have no one to turn to. They desperately need a friend ,one of my sons befriends old people, he tells how he just listens to them, and he helps them ,where help is needed. It is John Donne who wrote, 'No man is an Island', that stresses the fact, that human beings do badly when isolated from others, and that they need to be part of a community in order to thrive. The Covid- 19 has highlighted the harm to people who are living on their own, it is very serious, today its them ,tomorrow it could be us.   As one reads the account of our Saviours life ,we see a person who was friendly,  He called his disciples his friends ,John 15 v  15,He declared that the greatest love one can have for a friend , was to give their lives for them. John 15 v 13 .But  Jesus did more than that, he give his life for those who were his enemies, Romans 5 v 10 , in order to make them his friend.  Of all the friends I have ever had He is my closest friend, He knows the worst about me ,yet he still  loves me. He has been there for me, in the worst, as well as the best of times. Recently a person I thought was a friend stopped bothering with me, sad , not  so Jesus, he is a friend who never forsakes those who are his,

                                               What a friend we have in Jesus. 

                                                 He can be your friend.

No comments: