verse of the day

Friday 26 February 2021

I owe Him everything. ( Psalm 100 )

Looking back on my life I realise I owe a lot of people thanks  , like the man who saved me from drowning, or my mother who did her best under difficult circumstances. For my primary school teachers, who did their best with a very difficult lad. For my friend Raymond who has passed on, to his parents, who were kind to me, I spent a lot of time in their home, they had  a TV. And so we could on , and on ,of people I feel indebted to. As a Christian one realises that God is sovereign, that not only has he  had a say in those things , but  has been  actively involved, in all the affairs of my life. As the hymn John Ryland wrote,

                                                    His decree who formed the earth

                                                    Fixed my first and second birth;

                                                    Parents, native place , and  time,

                                                    All appointed were by Him.

                                                    He that formed me in the womb,

                                                    He shall guide me to the tomb

                                                    All my times shall ever be

                                                    Ordered by His wise decree.

The fact is I owe Him  everything,  He owes me nothing,' nothing good have I done to deserve such love, When I think of all He's done ,and for me the guilty one, can you wonder why it is  I love Him so,' yes I owe Him everything, as do you.

No comments: