verse of the day

Wednesday 10 February 2021

God is Sovereign ( 1 ). ( Isaiah 40 v 10 - 31 )

 I just want to say, that God is Sovereign, He is in control, now I know that this subject is immense ,so much has been written about it, I can only touch on it here. What I would say? , if He is not sovereign  He is not God. It is important to say we are not sovereign, it was reputed that Napoleon told his generals, ''to take care of the battle and he would take care of the weather''. The great King of Babylon appeared to claim sovereignty, but God taught him a lesson, by humiliating him, and to make him confess that God ruled and did what He pleases CP ,Daniel 4 .Have we a free will ?, I do not believe we have ,our fallen sinful nature ,has robbed us of that. Our Saviour said,'' everyone who sins is a slave to sin'' ( John 8 v 34 ) . Romans 3 v 11 tells us , 'There is no one who  understands God; there is no one who seeks after God'. We are God's enemies Romans (5 v 10), yet God has granted us the freedom to choose, and yet our Saviour said to His disciples ,''you did not choose me, but I chose you''. ( John 15 v 16). I am thankful for the sovereignty of God ,for in my bondage and blindness , I would never have chosen Him, and nor would you. You may ask how do I know that I am chosen if I am not a Christian ? ,you don't, no one does. What we do know  is this, when Christ is presented to us ,as the one who forgives, sets free ,through His death on the cross, we have a decision to make.

                                                                   Jesus said.

                                            ''Come to me, all of you who are weary

                                             and carry heavy burdens, and I will give

                                             you rest''.  Matthew 11 v 28. 

No comments: