verse of the day

Wednesday 9 September 2020

Why Me ? (

'Why me Lord?, what have I ever done,to deserve even one,of the pleasures I've known. Tell me Lord , what did I ever do,that was worth loving you? ,or the kindness you've shown' ( Words by Kris Kristofferson). When I think of all God's goodness to me, his salvation,and it has not stopped there,that would be enough, that's the greatest gift of  all,and yet, his mercy does not stop there, for as Romans 8 v 32 reminds us,' how will he not also,along with him ( Jesus),graciously give us all things'.How good is the God we adore, That godly young man Robert M. M'cheyne wrote the following ,'When this passing world is done,When has sunk the radiant sun,When I stand with Christ on high, looking o'er life's history. Then, Lord , shall I know,not till then , how much I owe. Why me?, why you?, R.M.M'cheyne writes,'Chosen , not for  good in me,wakened up from wrath to flee, hidden in the Saviour's side,by the Spirit sanctified, Teach me,  Lord, on earth to show,by my love how much I owe'.

No comments: