verse of the day

Wednesday 16 September 2020

Alone ( Hebrews 4 v 14 - 16 )

 We live in an overcrowded world, you would not think that loneliness would  be a problem ,but it is,and it is becoming a bigger problem,during this pandemic. What's the answer?,many years ago if my memory  serves me right ,there was a cigarette advert, which went, 'Don't be alone out there have',and it  mentioned the name of  the cigarette.Of course many people who smoke do get comfort from the Nicotine found in the tobacco plant,and it is a stimulant.But cigarettes are not the answer,in fact it is not the answer for anything.I must admit I have often felt lonely in my life, not so much now. We should not be surprised at feelings of loneliness,for many it has to be borne,getting married can be a help ,for God saw that it was not good for man to be alone ,so he created Eve, for Adam,/.Genesis 2 v 18 /I believe there is someone who really knows about loneliness, I want to take you to the cross,on that cross  there is a man hanging there,suffering dreadfully,suffering for our sins,that we may not suffer.He was truly human but he was also divine,he is called the Son of God,his name is Jesus.There came a point in his  suffering when he cries out,'My God,my God, why have you forsaken  me'/Matthew 27 v 46 /.In those words we see an aspect of his  suffering ,were he  felt utterly alone.He knows more than any one else, how the lonely feel,so go to him,if your are not a Christian go to  him,if you are a Christian go also to him, for no one understands like Jesus, He can meet your need.

No comments: