verse of the day

Sunday 13 September 2020

And then?. ( Hebrews 9 v 27 )

 There was a conversation between a young and ambitious lad and an older man who knew life.'' I will'', said the young man,''learn my trade'',''And then''? said the older man, '' I will set up in business,'' ''And then? ''    ''I will make my fortune'', ''And then ?'' ''I suppose I shall grow old and retire and live on my money,'' ''And then?''  ''Well, I suppose that some day I will die''.  ''And then''. In these days we cannot escape  what many people never speak about, that is death,like that young man, many do not give any consideration to that last,''What then?''.It is important that we gave serious thought to this most important question ,as to where are we going to spend eternity. We are fools if we ignore this reality,will it be heaven or will it be hell ?,ask yourself  this question, where am I going to spend eternity?. Listen, this will not go away,it is appointed unto men once to die,and it does not stop there, for we read,'and after that  to face judgement.'  ( Hebrews 9 v 27 ) Why did Jesus die on the cross? he died on the cross as a sacrifice for sin,on that cross he experienced the wrath of God,so that you and I may be saved from it. Horatius Bonar wrote,'Upon a life I did not live,upon a death I did not die. Another's life,another's death ,I stake my whole eternity'. He is answer to that last ,'What then.?''

No comments: