verse of the day

Friday 18 September 2020

Change ( 1 Corinthians 6 v 9 - 11 )

 I remember when I was young my uncle asked this question,'What is everything doing?' I said growing old'.I wonder is everything changing?,I know I am,change is part of life, for all creatures ,life changes ,society changes.The industrial revolution changed human history,but there is something about humanity that does not change, his fallen nature.No matter how educated and civilised we become,that fallen nature will still manifest itself . One of the most civilised countries in the world was Germany,the home of the reformation,and yet in the 20th century ,an evil arose in the nature of a political group,that would commit unbelievable evil,and many other Eastern European countries joined in.We are sometimes lulled into a belief that humanity is moving upward and onward,but we are not,,we have not changed in our ability to sin.Why am I  always stressing our sinfulness? ,because it is a fact,the bible does not lie, when it tells us that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.The beast within has not changed,and will not,unless one comes to know Jesus as their Saviour.In 2 Corinthians 5 v 17 we read, 'Therefore,if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation,old things passed away,and look,new things have come'. He can change you, and it will be for the better.

No comments: