verse of the day

Tuesday 29 September 2020

But you love me daddy. ( 1 John 3 v 1 )

Jim Reeves used to sing a song,along with a little boy,( Words by Kathryn Twitty ) all the verses had the same theme,the father would tell the boy off,and the boy would reply ,'But you love me daddy'.I am a Christian a long time,I should be perfect,if only,I still blow it,but this is a wonderful thing, he still loves me.Yet  we must never think that  because  he loves us, we can do what is wrong,and say,ah well, God loves me,that's alright,its not. God our loving heavenly will soon let you know that it is not alright, we cant just say,'but you love me daddy',of course he does,but whom the loves he chastises ( Hebrews 12  v 5 - 6 ) It is truly  wonderful to  know that God loves us,the little chorus comes to mind,'Wide,wide as the ocean,high as the heavens above,Deep deep as the deepest sea is my Savior's love,I though unworthy,still am a child of His care,For His word teaches me, that His love reaches me everywhere.'

No comments: