verse of the day

Tuesday 4 July 2017

Priorities [ Matthew 6 v 33]

I am just in from my daily walk, I appreciate it is important to look after my body, I also try to watch what I eat, sometimes I transgress. Often it appears we have two extremes, the physical fanatic, and those who neglect their bodies well being. I am sure it is important to have balance in our lives . But what about our souls well being?, what about godliness?, what about holiness?, what about spiritual growth ?.Our physical well being is very so is our spiritual well being, in fact it is more important. 
1 Timothy 4 v8  reads ,''Physical training is of some value,but godliness has value for all things,holding promise for both the present life and the life
to come''. Yes there is a life to come, for those who know Christ as Saviour,
the apostle Paul writes further[1 Tim4 v9],of labouring and striving, J.Stott
puts it like this ,we exercise ourselves unto godliness, because it prepares
us for eternity. W. Barclay writes,'' The Christian is not the athlete of the
gymnasium , he is the athlete of God''.

                                              A  prayer
Dear God help us to get our priorities right , in a world obsessed with earthly values, help us to put our spiritual condition first, in Jesus name we ask this Amen.

No comments: