verse of the day

Saturday 11 July 2015

Only You [ Psalm 94 v 17-19]

The words of a popular song  came to mind, only you,and it reminded me not so much of the song, the words came from,but  my relationship with
my loving heavenly Father.I started singing a song putting my own words
in,oh it will never make the top of the charts,nor will I sing it in public,but the theme of it was,the fact that God my Father and Him alone has brought
me through .Not having a father around ,I was comforted by the wonderful truth that God was my Father.The Psalmist declared,/Unless the Lord had given me help[94 v17] yes  that sums it up,unless the Lord had stood by me watched over me,what would have been my fate,?.It does not bear thinking about,for one  thing I would have had no hope for eternity,I just do not think I could have made it through,He has watched over me and my family,
putting food on the table,clothes on our backs,great has been His faithfulness, though I am old, His care for me will not cease.
                                         A  prayer.
Dear loving Heavenly Father,thank You for Your faithfulness, truly only
You and You alone have cared for me and mine,and for this I gave You thanks, in Jesus my Saviours name Amen

No comments: