verse of the day

Thursday 23 July 2015

A present help [Psalm 46 v1 ]

Psalm 119v83 reads,/Though I am  like a wineskin in the smoke,I do not forget your decrees/. Here the writer is describing his state ,how he felt,this has come about because he is under attack,as M . Wilcock writes,/he is still being molested by the arrogant,and still there are no grounds for their attack.He is saying,literally,Lord,I'm finished,he is at the end of his tether. A dried, cracked wineskin,past the end of its useful life/-that is what he
feels like.I found myself singing words I sort of remember,/I'm the weakest of your Children,how I need Thee,...Lord keep a hold,a hold on me/I can identify with the Psalmist ,at times,as I am sure you can.Consider a lady I
know ,her husband has Parkinson disease,her daughter has cancer,and she has now been diagnosed with cancer.It is often in the Psalms the writers bear their hearts,express their pain,are honest. While we are encouraged to
bear one an others burdens,we are also told to cast our burden upon the Lord and He will sustain us[ Psalm 55 v22]The wonderful thing is we can be honest with God,tell Him how we feel,and be assured that He fully understands,and will undertake .I leave the following words with you,/God
is our refuge and strength,an ever present help in trouble[Psalm 46 v1]
                                         A prayer.
Dear God we acknowledge our weakness,our fears,our difficulties, and ask that You would come to our aid in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: