verse of the day

Wednesday 22 July 2015

Helps [ Ephesians 4 v 7 - 16]

I continue to read through the Psalms, I have reached the longest  Psalm. 119,the writer is under attack.I have been using Michael Wilcocks book on the Psalms as a help in understanding the Psalms.I have found help it is
relativity brief but informative,don't fall into the trap that one should only read the bible,with out any aids,such  as godly men's writings. Of course we must rely on the Holy Spirit that goes without saying ,but Godly men have
been gifted by the Holy Spirit whither in their preaching,or writings to build
Gods people up spiritually.[ Ephesians 4 v7 -16 ]. I have been helped so much by the writings of men of God, I do not know a minster who has not used the writings of godly men,the great C.H.Spurgeon had a vast library. If you are not sure what books to purchase ask your ministers advice,or some godly preacher.If you are an aspiring preacher then over time build up a
a library,good commentaries,but also books that give an overall quick  view
,I have found my recent purchase of the series of the Bible speaks today
reasonably helpful,and are not expensive.Be discerning in what you read,ask the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth,we are told He will. [John 14 v26]
                                         A  prayer.
Dear God help us in our desire to know and understand Your word in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: