verse of the day

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Beware. [2 Samuel 11 v27 ]

I am a child of God,I am forgiven,have eternal  life,because Christ is my Saviour,and I rejoice in my personal relationship with God my Father.My
thoughts turn to a wonderful man of God, who also had a wonderful relationship with God. This man was called David,the Bible tells us that he was a man after Gods own heart.He wrote that wonderful 23rd Psalm, with its wonderful opening words,the Lord is my shepherd.The Lord wonderfully
protected him,provided for him,and promoted him to be king,from being a
nobody to being a somebody.The Lord blessed Him with wealth and power
he truly was blessed of God,now I did say,he was a man,and lust took over
and deceit took over,and murder took over,and spiritual blindness took over.
Did this man think that God would overlook what he had done,did he think that God was an indulgent father?.Did he think at all ,about a God who is
holy, that his relationship with God made him immune from Gods judgement?. He was soon jerked into reality,by a faithful prophet,and  the
word from God,/Thou art the man /,yes the man who committed those heinous sins,and God was not pleased. David paid a price for his sin,
because God is not an indulgent father ,let us learn from this,that even though we may like David,have been blessed,we cannot presume on Gods mercy.
                                       A  prayer.
Dear God help every day,and every moment of every day to walk worthy of our calling in Christ Jesus ,help us not to presume on Your mercy. Amen

No comments: