verse of the day

Sunday 28 September 2014

The best is yet to be.[ 1 Corinthians 15 v51-58]

As I grow older I am beginning to loose my teeth,at this moment in time I have an infection in one of my teeth,and of course my hair is white and thinning,I suffer from back ache,it is all downhill from now on.Not really the future is bright, it is the apostle Paul writing about the things he and others were suffering for Christ ,/though our outward man perish,yet the inward man is renewed every day.[2 Corinthians 4v16].The hymn write ,wrote,change and decay in all around I see,yes that is so,but my inward man will not ,decay,in fact says Paul,there is something wonderful happening,I like what my study Bible says,/our very weakness allows the resurrection power of Christ to strengthen us moment by moment/.This happens in our daily communion with our risen Lord[Isaiah 40v29-31],that's why it is vital we do not neglect that communion,and we keep our eyes fixed on future glory,when all things will be made new,that includes a new and incorruptible body.
A  prayer....../Dear God we thank You that the best is yet to be,we have a glorious future ,help us to keep our eyes fixed firmly on Jesus. Amen /

No comments: