verse of the day

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Read your Bible. [2 Timothy 3 v15ff]

I read recently how the great George Whitefield,when reading the Bible would use a commentary in his devotional times,and so following his example I have been using A. Motyer's commentary on Isaiah.It is academic but also has a devotional quality to it,which makes it enjoyable to read,I am half way through the book of Isaiah,I am taking a more leisurely approach to my Bible reading,I have read the bible through many times,so I have decided to take my time,and use whatever means,to help me understand more of what I am reading. A little chorus comes to mind,which goes,/Read your Bible pray every day if you want to grow,/if we neglect this advice it will effect us,and not for the better.So read the Bible,study the Bible,pray over the Bible,asking the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth,and that in His light[ the Word of God] you will see light,especially Him who is the light of the world Jesus.
A  prayer....../Dear God thank You for Your infallible word,help us not to neglect it,help us not to leave it, to the so called professionals to feed us, help us to begin to feed ourselves,so that we may grow spiritually,in Jesus name, Amen /

No comments: