verse of the day

Tuesday 9 September 2014

A jouney of faith. [Hebrews 12 v2 ]

On a visit to a cathedral I spoke to a young man,I asked him, when did he come to know Christ?,he replied,/I am still on that journey/.I thought that was an interesting answer, I am still on that journey,
in other words he was seeking, he did say the minister was helping him.This man was making a conscious effort on his journey to faith,he is full of doubts,uncertainties,questions,the journey will not end when all these are answered,it will end when he simple exercises faith.You see there will always be the unanswerable,be it about creation ,suffering,and so on,I have been following Lord for 50years I still have questions,that are still unanswered,this will never change.The people in the Bible were the same as you and I Iikewise many great Christians,when Bishop Ambrose ,mentor of Augustine,lay dying ,was asked whither he feared facing God at judgement,/We have a good master,he relied with a smile.I learn to trust God with my doubts and struggles by getting to know Jesus/.
A  prayer...../Dear heavenly Father we come to You in simple faith in Your son Jesus,help us as we journey to heaven,to focus on Him ,in whose name we ask this Amen/

No comments: