verse of the day

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Disappointed with self. [ Romans 8 v1]

So often there is a distance between what I think and what I believe,especially when it comes to my belief as regards the sovereignty of God. I feel at times a sense of frustration when things appear to be against me,my desire to preach is limited,doors are not opening.I hear that faint voice reminding me that God is sovereign,that should quieten my spirit but, it doesn't,one still frets and feels frustration.Also the distance between ones beliefs and ones life involves other things,holiness,love,one knows about these things,but so often what one is , and what one should be ,does not line up.It is not that one neglects prayer or Gods word,or attending a local fellowship, oh yes I do that,but there is still that distance between ,what I am and what I should be.So what can one do?well the fact of the matter is,we all have our inconsistencies,I don't say that lightly,they grieve me,I am never disappointed with God but I am disappointed with myself.So what can I learn from this?,well I am saved by grace,not just in the past but in the here and now,that God still loves this naughty child,and by His grace He will perfect that which concerns me.
A  prayer....../Dear God, we thank you that You love us naughty children,grant us grace to stop being naughty,in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: