verse of the day

Sunday 19 January 2014

The distance between [2 Corinthians 3 v18]

Today I have been thinking of the distance between what I would desire to be, and what I am,can the gap be closed?. It is just a thought that has crossed my mind,who is the man I want to be?,a more sacrificial man,a man of great spiritual gifts,of great spiritual knowledge,of great faith,that could remove a mountain. I wonder could I be trusted with those things?,even though I may want them.Say I had the gift of healing could I cope with the demands that would bring?.What if suddenly souls started to be saved under my ministry?all these things have an attraction about them,but it does not close the gap between what I should be ,and what I am?. Possible I may always be conscious of that gap,is that a bad thing?,or a good thing?.One day a group of young people in their enthusiasm spoke to D.L.Moody the great evangelist of their achievements,they had spent hours in prayer,and he said, Moses wist not that the skin of  his face shone [Exodus 34 v29]. Could it be what we, in all sincerity call greatness,or see as greatness in spiritual growth,is but a deluded self promotion, a self-aggrandisement?.Whereas true spiritual growth has about it a true lack of self promotion,like Moses we will be unaware of the gap closing.
A  prayer....../ Dear God close the gap between what we are, and what we should be ,and don't tell us,in Jesus name Amen/

No comments: