verse of the day

Saturday 11 January 2014

Someone to watch over me. [ Isaiah 46 v 4]

There is an old song by George Gershwin called ,/ Someone to watch over me/, which I like, the songs theme expresses a desire for someone to watch over them. As I listened to those words I thought ,I have someone watching over me,my loving heavenly Father,  He has watched over me, He has preserved me when I was drowning,He has assured me from an early age ,that He was my Father,when I did not have a father,[my mother left my father when I was very young].As I look back  I  can clearly see that God was watching over me, early in my Christan life I read the lives of people like Hudson Taylor,George Mullier,  these Christians proved Gods faithfullness,in providing, protecting,and leading, likewise Gods servants in the Bible .A Christian who had experienced a lot of trouble in his life was asked what he treasured most in those times,he thought for a moment and he replied,He was there for me. As I look back in my life when times were hard,times when I felt misunderstood,times when there was no else, He was there for me, He was that someone who was watching over me.
A  prayer......./ Dear God we praise You for watching over us Your children, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: