verse of the day

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Christian. [ Revelation 3 v1]

Jacob is an interesting person,according to D. Kidner his name meant,/May God be your rearguard/,but says Kidner,through his behaviour he devalued his name,and it became a synonym for treachery.It was Alexander the Great who told someone who was called Alexander, but had a bad reputation,to change his name or his behaviour. When one trusts Christ, one receives a new name Christian,I am known as a Christian,but Iike Jacob my behaviour, may not live up to my name.As the nations of Islam look on what they believe to be Christian nations they thank their god that they are Muslins. It used to be said that we are a Christian nation,but how little we live up to our name,I was talking to a friend who has boy friend,who lives at a distance from her,and she spoke that hopefully they might begin to live with each other,she would believe that she is a Christian. Yet as I write this I am conscious that I myself like Jacob, could act in a way that would devalue that name that I  rejoice in . When we call ourselves Christian we are not just taking on a label , but a life,a life that should glorify Christ in all that we do.
A prayer..../ Dear God help us to live up to the name we bear as Christians,for Jesus sake Amen./

No comments: