verse of the day

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Tell them that are fathers lied. [ 2 Timothy 4 v1-4]

Rudyard Kipling the famous poet ,and author,lost a son in the first world war,he wrote the following,/If you ask me why we died,tell them our fathers lied/.The lost of his son must have hurt him very deeply. He must have wondered why his son had to die,that war to end all wars,that war they said would be over by Christmas..They where told that they were fighting for a better world, mybe all those things they were told,sounded like a hollow lie. The grave responsibility for everyone is to tell the truth,not to bend it,or distort it,and especially if one is a minister,I am accountable to this generation before God,to tell them the truth of the word of God.I am called to be a watchman, to warn the people [Ezekiel 3 v17] No one likes preaching about Hell, about sin and its consequences,but the truth is the truth,and it is the truth that sets people free,  it is the truth that warns people,of the danger they are in. I wonder, will there come a time when the lost will point to ministers ,and say, if you ask me why I am lost,its because you told me a lie,and I, a blind fool believed you. It is not for me to rationalise the truth,it is for me to be faithful to the truth,to preach it,and witness to it,I sincerely hope and pray that none will say of me,if you ask me why I am  lost ,it was because I lied. There used to be a rug in my pulpit with these words on it, preach the word,those words were a constant reminder to everyone who stood in that pulpit ,that they had a responsibility to preach the truth,the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
A  prayer...../Dear God have mercy upon the many who are deceived by false ministers,causing them to go to a lost eternity, in Jesus name Amen /

No comments: