verse of the day

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Rewards. [ 1 Corinthians 3 v 11 - 15 ]

I recieved flowers today, not from my wife, but from a grateful mother,whose son I helped, I was also given a compliment from one of my clients.It is nice to recieve these things, I dont just work for a wage, although it is important, I trully like my job, I see it as a ministry God has given me. The scripture says do all to the glory of God, and if we do then of the Lord we will recieve a reward.In the last chapter of Revelation 22v12, we read our Lord declaring, behold ,I come quickly, and my reward is with Me. It is to recieve thanks from people, yet how more wonderful to recieve from our Saviour ,His reward , and well done, a reward that is described as incorruptible. [1 Corinthians 9 v25 ]. Eternal life is a free gift [Romans 6 v23 ] but as we serve our Lord,here ,we will be rewarded, even the smallest of things we do for another, will be rewarded [Matthew 10 v 42 ]. There are many times one may not recieve any thanks from those we serve, what we do, may go unnoticed ,unappreciated ,dont fret, dont worry,your Saviour and Lord in a coming day, will declare, well done good and faithful servant.
Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
The strife will not be long,
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victors song.
To him that overcometh,
A crown of life shall be,
He with the King of glory,
Shall reign eternally.
[G. Duffield]
A prayer. /Dear God help us serve you,to work for You,till that day when by Your grace
we recieve Your well done, we ask this in the name and for sake of Jesus. Amen/

No comments: