verse of the day

Wednesday 21 September 2011

A mere adjective. [ John 1 v 29 ]

In a recent book by P. Yancey,he writes of what C. S. Lewis said,/We writers are not nouns, we are mere adjectives, pointing to the great noun of truth/, and Philip goes on to say,/ thousands have come to know and love that Noun including me/.I am sure you know who they are writing about, well we read in John 1 v29, these words spoken by John the baptist,/ Beohld the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world/.John was but and adjective pointing to the great noun of truth, Jesus. Today have I been an adjective pointing to the great noun of truth?, I so often feel I am not a good adjective, I point people not to Jesus but to other adjectives, and if I am doing that, then I am failing,to do what I should be doing. Our words must be adjectives, likewise our actions, and our attitudes.our whole lives must be one big adjective, pointing others to the great noun of Truth, even Jesus.
It,s all about You Jesus,
And all this is for You,
For Your glory and Your fame,
It,s not about me,
As if You should do things my way,
You alone are God,
And I surrender to Your ways.
[Paul Oakley ]
A prayer /Dear Saviour help us to be adjectives pointing others to You. Amen /

No comments: