verse of the day

Monday 19 September 2011

Pray for them.[ James 5 v 16 - 18 ]

I remember a dear Christian lady who prayed much,sometimes I would ask her to pray for someone and , she would get annoyed if I would not devulge the persons name. We dont need to know all the details to pray,prayer is not an excuse to be a busy body,nor is it an excuse to satisfy our curiosity.We must respect peoples privacy,we live in a time when privacy is not respected, when cameras are everwhere, everyone is fair game, no matter how much this affects them,or their families. Everything has to be exposed,and it is,but should it be?,I dont think so,even if the person has acted foolishly, I am glad people dont know about the things I got up to in my youth.Thankfully they never will, you see the reason I came to Christ was because I was a sinner. And even as a Christian, as a father or husband, I regret some things I have done, only God knows and thats the way it should be.Although God does know ,He will keep it to Himself ,because I confessed my failures, all the wrongs I have ever committed, He has forgiven me.So coming back to prayer ,lets us begin to pray for those whose apparent wrongs have been exposed, people who have acted wrongly,or have appeared to act wrongly, let us pray not as their judges, but as those who are just as human as they are.
Lord teach us how to pray aright,
With reverance and with fear,
Though dust and ashes in Thy sight,
We may,we must draw near.
[James Montgomery ]






.

No comments: